Thursday, February 18, 2010

Toy Story Cupcake Cake

Finally! It turned out!!! I'm not going to lie I had my first major baking mishap on this one. It was just a rough day. I originally had envisioned the bed being made out of tinted sugar cookies (I don't know why, it seems like a foolish idea hindsight, I think I must have been on a kick from V-Day or something...) which was a failure of epic proportions. Mainly because I spent all day on the failing.

Then, when I went to go get my boxes that I get from a specialty cake store 1/2 an hour away, they had forgotten to put my cake boards in the bag. The pretty shiny, white GLOSSY cake boards.

So I was a day behind with no time to get the right boards. Hobby Lobby it was. Their cake boards were cardboard. And not exactly the right size for my boxes. Boo. So my pretty piping and any tiny slip of the cupcakes touching the cardboard left lovely grease spots. Yay.

But I triumphed over the day of doom! And I was pretty happy with the results.

The whole thing is edible. Vanilla cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. It's all cupcakes too.









2 comments:

lianelson said...

the best cake ever!!! thank you for being so talented!

gv said...

So cute! I think you did a great job.